Monday, October 12, 2009

It's Hard to Say I'm Sorry

How Do I Say, "I'm Sorry?"

How do I say, "I'm Sorry?"
When the hurt runs so deep
When my words don't make
a difference
When all I can do is weep?

How do I say, "I'm Sorry?"
When the one I've hurt is gone
When there's no way of
telling you
When I offended you I was wrong?

How do I say, "I'm Sorry?"
When I, too, hurt inside
when we both hold onto
senseless pride
when all we choose to do is hide?

How do I say, "I'm Sorry?"
when you really don't care
when I'm sorry really doesn't
change things
when life really doesn't seem fair?

I have accepted the fact

That all I can do

Is say I’m sorry to My Lord

Instead of you.

And know He has forgiven me

In spite of all I've done.

For He is true Mercy

And His Love will make us One.


Love in Christ,

Kristin A

August 27, 2009


No comments: