Thursday, January 22, 2009

Unborn Babies Deserve Life

I am so pro-life it flows through my veins to the depths of my heart. I talk about it every chance I can with my husband, my children, my friends, my relatives, my students, my colleagues, and my God. Today begins the days when I will share the passion I have for defending our unborn babies. Today begins the days of articles and poems defending the right to life for our posterity. Today begins the days when I am going to stand up for those who can not stand up for themselves and draw my sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God. Today, I will fight for the rights of our unborn children by telling you the truth about abortion and the pro-choice illusion.


The Truth

By Kristin Ball

Every month I have the blessing to suffer PMS to the extent that I have days of great sorrow. I have learned in the past 5 years that I can offer up my tears for our unborn babies. Every month I have the opportunity to weep for our children, a deep, soulful sobbing as images of aborted babies goes through my mind. I will never recommend looking at or showing these awful images to change peoples minds about the abortion issue. Instead, I will speak words of truth and share what I have seen.

And what I have seen is death. Abortion kills a human being in horrifying ways. This is the truth. The Supreme Court made abortion on demand legal, for any reason, up until the day of birth, and in spite of the ban on partial birth abortion, beyond birth. This is the truth. Statistics show 40% of all unintended pregnancies end in abortion. This is a very sad truth.

This morning as I listened to the local Christian Radio station, listeners we're calling in and giving their thoughts about today being the anniversary, the 36th year with more than 45,000,000 aborted Americans, of Roe vs. Wade. One woman called in and confessed for the first time an abortion she had when she was 18. She said she suffers everyday because of the choice she made and if she had known the truth, she never would have chosen abortion.

Immediately I was filled with great sorrow for her. She was deceived by the pro-choice propaganda and now she suffers for her choice; the choice she was told was her choice to make. The truth is all human beings have a choice because of the free will God has given us. Every human being has the free will to choose what they are going to do or not do. We have a choice to make everyday for life or death, and God is the one who sets the choice before us. If we choose life, we are blessed, if we choose death, we are cursed. God tells us to choose life then because it is a blessing to ourselves and our posterity. But our politicians and our media promotes a culture of death and deceives our young women with the pro-choice illusion.

The truth is easily accessible. Countless websites list abortion statistics, images, and information about abortion and its effects on our culture. Look at the evidence of high tech ultra sounds showing detailed images of the unborn baby, so sharp you can see the fuzzy hair on the babies delicate skin. Look at the incredible surgeries being done on unborn babies to correct prenatal problems. Look at the statistics concerning woman's health and the adverse and consequential effects an abortion has on a woman. There's so much evidence that points to the truth of what abortion is and what it truly does. Unfortunately, half of Americans believe so ardently in the right for a woman to choose they are blinded to the truth.

The pro-choice illusion is the number one reason people are pro-abortion. Every time I talk about my pro-life message with others, especially with my pro-choice friends, I have faced an attitude that the woman's choice is supreme and she has the legal right to choose death for her unborn child, no matter what the situation. The pro-choice platform, or more clearly known as pro-abortion, is a deceptive title which lulls many Americans into accepting the right to abort our babies, without question. I question the truth presented in the pro-choice message, which is why I call it an illusion.

I am pro-life, anti-abortion, and pro-choice. Let me explain. I believe we all have the freedom to choose, but I also believe we make laws to help limit our selfish choices for the sake of society. God's Law is Supreme and much of man's laws are in line with God's Law, or as some may say, Natural Law. I know God has given us the freedom to choose, but there are limits as to what we can choose, or more accurately, what we should choose.

In the book of Deuteronomy chapter 30 verse 19, God says, "I call heaven and earth today to witness against you: I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse. Choose life, then, that you and your descendant may live," I believe in the free choice God has given us, and I believe in the truth that we must choose life so we may live, and because of what I believe, I am pro-life.

No comments: