Friday, January 23, 2009

Babies

There's nothing like a baby. A new mother and father love to coo and cuddle their plumb little bundle of joy and watch their little baby grow through toddler years, tweens, teens, and into adulthood, when hopefully, their precious child will marry and have more babies, the gracious blessing we call grandchildren. Unfortunately, in our country today, knowing the joy of a newborn baby is often a reality only if a woman wants her baby.

Statistics show that 40%, or 4 out of 10 women will choose abortion when faced with an unwanted pregnancy. This is a sad statistic, because a baby is always wanted. When God creates a little human being, His creation has purpose and place on this earth. Every human being has the opportunity to make a difference in this world, and if we kill our babies, how will we ever benefit from their presence. Instead, we suffer from the loss, especially the mother who chooses death for her child, and we're not allowed to grieve.

I am a woman who does not want the government to tell me it's okay to kill my baby. The truth is undeniable, my babies grew within my womb, and continue to grow into men because that is what life is all about, living and growing, changing and knowing love, and faith, and hope. I'm going to end my article today with a poem I wrote that was inspired by the love I have for my twin sons, and the joy their life has brought to my life. It is true, choosing life is a blessing. It is also true, choosing death is a curse.



Babies

I feel my babies inside of me
Beneath my heart and completely free
Wanting so much to simply be

I am a part of this world.

But who am I to make this choice
To be the loudest and only voice
In my freedom to choose, I rejoice

I am a part of this world.

Sadly, others tell me that it’s okay
To kill my child and walk away
And live to breathe another day

I am a part of this world.

But I also hear what the truth should be
As faithful friends try to make me see
That when I feel my babies inside of me
I can’t stop their hearts because I’m free…

My babies are a part of this world!

Love in Christ,

Kristin A. Ball

No comments: