Saturday, January 24, 2009

Life is a Blessing

In Your Image


In Your Image I was molded and formed

I change and grow by the world conformed.

Completely unique, just a speck in time

You breathed in me life, wholly sublime.


Perfectly created, and undeniably helpless

Lovingly presented, but essentially worthless.

Unless there’s a real want for a baby to be

She could have been a choice, instead of me.


Even before our free nation said abortion is okay

A mother with child unwanted could still find a way.

To end her mistaken pregnancy if all seemed rough

by a doctor in his office, performed secretly enough.


Now, it’s as if our nation is living without moral direction

we’re serving only ourselves in a mirage of addiction.

Failing to look beyond our selfish desire to find true need

to see there’s future alone in the promise of our seed.


His promise to Abraham, children to number the stars.

Forgotten is our commitment, in control of what is ours.

“It’s a my body and my right to choose,” oh! how I fear.

For this is the colossal lie that, so often, I sadly hear.


These bodies are not ours but belonging to the Son of Man.

Beautifully intricate and gently shaped, to fit in His perfect plan.

Free Will for all His children is a gift we use or abuse.

So if the truth is what you seek, it must be the Will of God you choose.


With Love,

Kristin A. Ball

No comments: