Monday, August 11, 2008

There's Nothing Like Being a Mom

As I reflect on how quickly my twin sons have grown into amazing young men, I am filled with a mixture of joy and sorrow. I'm joyful because they have become the independent young men I always prayed they would become one day. I'm sorrowful, because the memories I recall of every step and stage of their lives, fills me with sweet love and, also, bitter sadness. They'll never be little again, sitting together on my lap as we rock in the rocking chair, reading a book, talking, or holding their precious little hands in mine. I remember their tiny voices, their endless questions, their curious minds, their contagious laughter. I remember, but I can't go back.

Time moves on and we can only move forward with time. My sons are marching forward into their senior year, so excited about the life they are about to embrace. Their life, not mine. I've always told them that God has special plans for them, all they need to do is trust and believe, and I must do the same. Believe and trust God will lead, guide and protect them as they live this gift of life. Of course, God is not always the most important Person in their lives as they meet wonderful young women, hang with their best buds, and experience the beauty of the world around them. But I don't give up on the faith I have taught them since the day they were born. I have written on their minds God's truth, and I pray He has written on their hearts. I wrote this poem, Sons of Wisdom, for their graduation day. I will give them these words as a perpetual prayer for their life, their future.

Today, I share it with you. May every Mom who reads these words be blessed with children who love you and blessed with joy as you continue to live the most important job on our planet. There's nothing like being a Mom.

Sons of Wisdom
Written by Kristin Ball

Dear Sons
What can I say?
To help you know
The Truth and the Way
I quietly pray
You’ll know the One
There’s no greater joy
Than faithful sons.

When you only love
What you see and touch
Not loving the One you can’t see.
Finding wisdom
In this wealthy world
Is never a reality
Ask for Wisdom
From the God of Love
And you will grow to be
The men you’re meant to be.

Only God reveals the truth
There’s little I can do
It’s the Power of the Spirit
He’ll carry you through
So when life becomes grim
Please, my sons
Don’t give up on Him.

Sons of Wisdom
You’re called to be
Greater than you think
Follow His Word
Live His Way
Stay forever linked.
Make your mistakes
Learning all you can
And you will grow to be
The men you’re meant to be.


No comments: