Saturday, January 23, 2010

A Cause Worth Dying For


“I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse. Choose life, then, that you and your descendents may live, by loving the Lord, your God, heeding his voice, and holding fast to him. For that will mean life for you…” Deuteronomy 30:19-20



It is my desire to help put an end to legalized abortion, one heart at a time. I am writing to all my sisters; to all the American women, young and old, who have been lied to about choice. I am writing to all the American men who love a woman dearly; a mother, a sister, a daughter, a wife, and care about the future of our families, our nation, and our world.

It is my passion to share the truth, the truth of life. It is my hope to touch your heart with my prose and poetry and to stir in you a desire to choose life. It is my love for each one of my American sisters and brothers which convicts me to risk everything to share this truth. The truth I have found in Jesus Christ, His Word, and His Church.

Read what I write with an open heart and open mind, and make your own decision, my friends. And know that you are loved no matter what you choose, but also know there is only one true choice, one choice of love and hope, one choice that gives life.

I can never say exactly how my lifelong search for love and truth has continually lead me to the amazing man named Jesus. Through Christ, I come to know the mercy and love of the Father, and I’m given the Spirit to guide me in truth, faith, and hope. I love life, even in my times of suffering and sorrow, so I will speak of life. And so, I must write. To reach the countless citizens of our country who have been fooled into believing we want the “freedom” to kill our children.

I wrote the following poem for my twin sons, and for all unborn babies. David and Dennis are an incredible gift from God and because I chose to give my sons life, they have given me life. God tells us the truth when he says the life we give our children will mean life for ourselves. Because of the choice I made, I am blessed with my children who are my joy, my peace, my hope. I pray all mothers and fathers may know this truth.


Babies

I feel my babies inside of me
Beneath my heart and completely free
Wanting so much to simply be

I am a part of this world.

But who am I to make this choice
To be the loudest and only voice
In my freedom to choose, I rejoice

I am a part of this world.

Sadly, others tell me it’s okay
To kill my child and walk away
And live to breathe another day

I am a part of this world.

But I also hear what the truth must be
As faithful friends try to help me see
When I feel my babies inside of me
I can’t stop their hearts because I’m free…

My babies are a part of this world!

Love in Christ,
Mom
April, 2001

No comments: