Saturday, April 11, 2009

Day Two of Divine Mercy Novena

I've been sad today. Extremely sorrowful from the Good Friday service, and with a bitter taste of anger in my mouth. I want to lash out, I want to get rid of my hurt, but I can't, because it is the truth of my sin.

I am so grateful for Jesus' mercy, but I feel guilt for the death He endured. My sin caused His death, and the sins of the world. Because of this, I am sad.

Death, despair, confusion, and chaos dominates our culture. There's medicine for every ailment under the sun, but there's no cure. There's no healing.

As I near the 9:00pm hour, I begin to feel joy, because Jesus is Risen! Right now, Masses around the world are celebrating the awesomely merciful hope in the Resurrection of Jesus Christ. New disciples are being baptized and confirmed tonight at the Easter Vigil. Unable to attend this year, I think about the all those celebrating tonight, and I know we are One, as Jesus and the Father are One. Tomorrow morning, Easter Day, I will rise, and I will be filled with the joy of new life and the promise of life eternal as I celebrate with my brothers and sisters in Christ.

I will pray the Divine Mercy Chaplet tonight before bed. I will remember the Priests and Religious as I pray this prayer of Mercy and ask the Lord to remember me in His Kingdom. I will trust in you Jesus more and more each day, because Your Mercy is all I need, and all I want.

No comments: